Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
training T, Pulmonary edema. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 03 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-19353
At the time the case was submitted for publication Townsville radiology training had no recorded disclosures.View Townsville radiology training's current disclosures
31 Aug 2012
16 times, by 5 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Pre-operative Chest x-ray for mitral valve replacement and tricuspid valve regurge.
Age: 75 years
From the case: Pulmonary edema
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Cardiomegaly (C:T = 0.58). Left atrial enlargement as suggested by splayed carina, double right heart border, straightening of left heart border consistent with history of mitral valve regurgitation.
Small right-sided pleural effusion. Kerley B lines indicating interstitial pulmonary edema.
No opacities to suggest consolidation from infection or alveolar edema.
2 articles feature images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- BPT Chest by Wayland Wang ◉ ◈
- CXR - My EDIC Practice by Lorinc
- Chest x-ray basic search strategies and pathology (part 2) by Andrew Murphy ◉
- CXR 101: A Primer by Aaron Wong
- Intern Education - Chest by Wayland Wang ◉ ◈
- Chest cases med regs 27.06.18 by Peter Lymburner
- Nambour - Radiology 202 by Tim Wastney
- Tx by Johana Rosinger
- Chest by Whitney Graff
- Chest cases by N Seth
- CXR DMII by Kevin Baro