Urinary bladder cancer
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Mohammadtaghi Niknejad had no recorded disclosures.View Mohammadtaghi Niknejad's current disclosures
Work up for hematuria.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Several non-enhancing simple cortical cysts are seen at both kidneys, with maximum diameters of 60 mm.
A 38 mm polypoid enhancing mass is noted at urinary bladder base, without extravesical extension or regional lymphadenopathy. The prostate gland is enlarged.
Urinary bladder mass; pathology proven transitional cell carcinoma (TCC).
Transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is the most common primary malignancy of the urinary tract and may be found along its entire length, from the renal pelvis to the bladder (renal pelvis: uncommon ~2-3% ; ureter: least common ~1% ; bladder: by far the most common ~97%)..
- Leder RA, Dunnick NR. Transitional cell carcinoma of the pelvicalices and ureter. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1990;155 (4): 713-22. AJR Am J Roentgenol (abstract) - Pubmed citation
2 articles feature images from this case
14 public playlists include this case
- RADIO EXAM 3 by edioardo bonamano
- Kidney by Oleksii Burian
- Bladder cancer by 안광민
- Study playlist 5 - pancreas and kidneys by Joyce Lim ◉
- FMH2 - Uro/Gyn by Guillaume Fahrni
- NERKI by Adam
- Registrar teaching - Renal Imaging by Jen Shoobridge
- RADIO EXAM 2 by edioardo bonamano
- GUT (FCPS-II VIVA PLAYLIST) by Kanwal Laique
- 2023 Renal extra by Richard Hodgson ◉
- C&A week 6 by Paige Lynch
- C&A week 7 by Paige Lynch
- ureter 2 by Mohamed shweel ◉
- GU 10 - Bladder Masses/Filling Defects by Praveen Samarawickrama