Neurologically abnormal with an enlarged head.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Non-contrast CT demonstrates a thin rim of cerebral tissue anteriorly, without midline cleft. There is a large CSF-density space posteriorly. There is no evidence of a falx cerebri. The cerebellum is malformed with abnormal appearance of the fourth ventricle. Brainstem is visualised.
In addition there are a number of other midline abnormalities:
- bony defect in the occipital bone with an occipital meningiocoele
- cleft lip and palate
- under-developed nose and hypotelorism
5 case question available
This case demonstrates the typical appearances of alobar holoprosencephaly, incompatible with long term survival.
8 article feature images from this case
21 public playlist includes this case
- Tony's quiz May 2015
- Paediatric brain anomalies
- Manzoor-Rad Mixed
- Manzoor-Rad CNS
- 2A Teaching Neuro
- SAY NEURO Brain & Intracranial: 1. Congenital Malformations
- Kommische Fälle
- Neuro as per path
- Neuro1 Congenital Malformations
- CNS Congenital
- WDHB - Paediatrics
- Manzoor-Rad Paeds