Repeated neurological events in a 60 year old female with a family history stroke, depression and dementia.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Widespread small vessel ischaemic changes with involvement of the temporal lobes
4 case questions available
CADASIL Genetic Test
GENE TESTED: Notch 3 for CADASIL
RESULTS: Positive mutation for Notch 3 gene. This is a previously reported CADASIL mutation in exon 3.
This case demonstrates fairly typical distribution of ischaemic changes in a patient with Cerebral Autosomal Dominant Arteriopathy with Subcortical Infarcts and Leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL). Note the prominent involvement of the temporal poles, which are usually relatively spared in run-of-the-mill chronic small vessel ischaemic change.
3 articles feature images from this case
22 public playlists includes this case
- The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
- Neuro Cases Residents
- Interesting cases
- Lecture: Neurodegenerative - cases
- 2015 White matter disease
- ADR White matter disease
- brain tumors
- Interesting Cases
- Primer - Neuroradiology - Vascular Diseases
- JC - 9
- Neuro - confluent WM lesion adult
- Neuroimaging - Brain
- CNS CADASIL
- report writing ct 2
- CNS Stroke / White matter / Dementia
- good cases
- Vascular Diseases of the Brain
- RANZCR 2018 - practice set 4 - Neuro