Fracture of the proximal fifth metatarsal
Citation, DOI & case data
Sports related trauma.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
A tranverse lucent fracture line is seen at the base of the fifth metatarsal, without articular involvement.
The proximal fifth metatarsal is the site of a number of fractures and variants which mimic fractures. The bio-mechanics of the fractures differ as do the natural history and treatment, therefore an understanding of these entities is important.
8 public playlists include this case
- 1vaikai by Tomas Jurevicius
- BBH Med Students - Fracture description by Henry Knipe ◉ ◈
- Xray: Foot trauma by Daoud akhtar
- Rapid reporting checklist by Kanwal Laique
- vikash rapid reporting by Vikash S Chennur ◉
- Intern Radiology - Fractures and dislocations by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Trauma Foot by frank fofie
- Diagnostic Imaging 1-Week 10 Lower Extremity by Sandra Norton