Massive middle cerebral artery territory infarction
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Mohammad Farghali Ali Tosson had no recorded disclosures.View Mohammad Farghali Ali Tosson's current disclosures
Acute right sided hemiplegia and disturbed conscious level (time between onset of symptoms and imaging is unknown).
- extensive hypoattenuation of brain parenchyma in the whole left middle cerebral artery territory seen involving the left temporo-parieto-occipital regions
- cortical and subcortical in distribution, exerting mass effect in the form of effacement of the cortical gyri sulci ,midline shift and compression of the ipsilateral lateral ventricle
- the left middle cerebral artery is hyperdense
- multiple small lacunar infarcts are seen involving the right basal ganglia
- no evidence of intra-axial or extra-axial bleed or hematoma
Left middle cerebral artery territory acute cerebral infarction.