Citation, DOI & case data
CT Chest (selected images)
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is a mass in the anterior mediastinum with signs of invasion of the anterior thoracic wall. Pericardial and pleural effusions are also seen.
The thyroid appears normal on these CT images. study. There are no signs of calcifications or fat tissue in this mass to think in mediastinal germ cell tumors, also the age group would be atypical. The features suggesting the invasion of the thoracic wall would be atypical for lymphoma as well. At this age group and with this appearances differentials are favored among thymoma and, less likely, metastatic disease.
Later proven to be a thymoma.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- Thymic pathology by Oana Ruxandra Marin
- thoracic imaging by Dr. Herwig Brandtner ◉
- GD: Chest by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Test cases 5 by D.D.Ranasinghe
- chest MK by Dr issa menge kuria
- chest by Dr Roya Faghani
- GD: Paediatrics - Airway, Chest & Cardiac by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Revision - Chest by Aman Sandhu
- Film Reporting by Dr Muhammad Idris ◉
- Massas mediastinais by Dr Fernando Machado Maia
- Mediastinum JK by Dr. Jan Kaczmarek
- Chest - Clinical Conditions - Mediastinum by Dr Charlie Handley