Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Alexandra Stanislavsky had no recorded disclosures.View Alexandra Stanislavsky's current disclosures
Lower abdominal pain and fever.
CT of the abdomen demonstrates a markedly dilated and inflamed, fluid filled tubular structure in the right lower pelvis which displaces the uterus and rectum.
CT imaging differential includes an appendiceal abscess and a tubo-ovarian abscess.
Ultrasound demonstrates that this is separate from the normal looking right ovary and confirms the relationship with the cecum. Diameter: 3.8cm.
Final diagnosis: Appendiceal abscess.
1 article features images from this case
9 public playlists include this case
- Abdomen-101 by Sherif Maccar ◉
- Lastday Ranzcr before efilm by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- Emergency abdominal by Humberto Rodrigo Prochnow Tibau
- abdomen by ahmed elfeky
- Large bowel by Allister Howie
- tac + eco by DANIELA DE LA VEGA
- good abode viva cases by sadrarhami
- On tap by Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng
- 복부 by tae han kim