Citation, DOI & case data
Young man traveling in India.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Non contrast CT demonstrates a rounded lesions with vast amounts of surrounding vasogenic edema resulting in mass effect and distortion of the cerebral peduncle.
Contrast confirms the presence of a smooth ring of enhancement, characteristic of an abscess.
Note the presence of overlying surgical change.
Young man who developed a cerebral abscess while in India traveling. Prior attempted drainage via a burr hole was unsuccessful.
He underwent repeat surgery with successful drainage of the abscess. He made a slow but uneventful recovery.
12 public playlists include this case
- Prüfung head neck by Lisa Ruby
- Intracranial bleed by Kevin Kow Jun Hui
- Neuro KC by Kelly A
- CXR and CT Brain RMO Teaching by Ayomikun Asonibare
- 3 Venous thrombosis, abscess, tumors by Mateusz Wilczek
- 2b12 by Gurinder
- CT BRAIN and THORAX cases by Tan Weijoe
- CNS infection by Phyo Wai Thu
- CT Brain by David Doss
- Key_Conditions_Neuro by Amie ◉
- UQ anatomy presentation - Pathology by Lachlan Inch
- CT Head Teaching by Joshua Taylor