Dynamic hip screw - implant failure
Citation, DOI & case data
Status post hip surgery, persistent pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Implant failure on the right with malunion of the non-ossified fracture. Normal dynamic hip screw on the left.
Normal post-op dynamic hip screw (DHS) appearance:
- the lag screw should be in the center of the femoral head
- the tip of the lag screw should be ~0.5 inches away from the femoral head articular surface
- side-plate closely abutting lateral femoral cortex without any gap
- screws for plate fixation should just penetrate the medial femoral cortex
- Donald Resnick, Mark J. Kransdorf. Bone and Joint Imaging. (2005) ISBN: 9780721602707 - Google Books