Small bowel obstruction due to incarcerated femoral hernia
Intestinal obstruction symptoms.
CT Abdomen and pelvis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Spiral CT shows small bowel obstruction due to a right femoral hernia. Distal small bowel (ileum) and colon are normal.
A complication of femoral hernia is small bowel obstruction. Femoral hernias typically occur in women and unlike inguinal hernias, the hernia sac remains lateral to the pubic tubercle. Also femoral hernias always compress the femoral vein (as seen in this case) while it is rare for inguinal hernias to do so.
19 public playlist includes this case
- HP GI
- viva 3
- Abdominal pain cases (CT and x-ray)
- 2018 Nurse Practitioner education - Acute abdomen
- Medical student Quiz 2
- ER: Abdomen: Bowel Obstruction
- ED Teaching Abdominal Pain
- UQ Med Yr 2 Acute abdominal pain
- FRCR 2B Cases
- BBH CT abdo
- Small bowel
- UQ Med Yr 3 Med/Surg Orientation week