Low grade glioma (MR spectroscopy)
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ahmed Abdrabou had no recorded disclosures.View Ahmed Abdrabou's current disclosures
Headache, diplopia and vomiting with recent right hemiparesis.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Diffuse involvement of the left insular cortex, medial part of left temporal lobe, left lentiform and caudate nuclei as well as left thalamus with infiltrative process that expands and doesn't distort these structures which display low T1, high T2/FLAIR signal changes. In a previous unavailable post-contrast study there was no enhancement at any of these structures.
The left internal capsule is spared yet there is mass effect upon the lateral ventricles with the ipsilateral ventricle is compressed and contralateral ventricle is dilated with transependymal CSF permeation suggesting subfalcine brain herniation.
MR spectroscopic data reveals mild Cho elevation, NAA reduction, absence of lactate, elevated Cho/Cr ratio and significant rise of myo-inositol (mI) in intermediate echo in keeping with low grade glioma.
Biopsy from this lesion revealed WHO grade II fibrillary astrocytoma. Presence of myo-inositol and absence of lactate favor low grade rather than high-grade glioma.
3 articles feature images from this case
18 public playlists include this case
- 19 Neurologic Diseases by Ahmad Khedr
- DR3 - six mixed (CNS/Chest/Gynae/MSK) cases by Henry Knipe ◉ ◈
- Interesting by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- brain - tumors by Daniela Riedl
- MRS by N Seth
- Neuro- Final by Travis Robinson
- Mri head by N Seth
- Neuro 2 by Kevin Sheng
- 22 interes by khaledawad
- VGHTC 201506 by Fu, Chien-hua
- kejsy #1 (part 14) by Lech Gradziński
- cns by enasdonia
- Brain tumors by Trinh Thi Hien
- Brain tumors by Bishal Thakur
- MRI brain by Pallavi Kamat
- Oncology by Francisco Ruiz Navarro
- Module N-NKO by Kurt
- CNS Tumour by Cary MacMillan