There are several drugs which are useful for evaluation of nuclear studies for respective systems. These drugs play an important role in monitoring the physiological changes and aiding in diagnosis .
Drugs used are
- metaclopramide and erythromicin in gastrointestinal scintigraphy; used for gastric motility disorders
- ranitdine , pentagastrin and glucagon for meckel's diverticulum imaging
- cholecystokinin -8 , morphine and phenobarbitol for HIDA hepato-biliary scintigraphy .
- frusemide, captopril, enalapril and aspirin for renal scintigraphy
- rTSH for thyroid imaging
- dipyridamole, adenosine and dobutamine for cardiac perfusion scintigraphy
- acetazolamide for cerebral perfusion scintigraphy